1. Care before wearing
(1) For military boots made of leather materials such as cows and sheepskins, apply a thin layer of shoe polish before wearing them to form a protective film on the surface of the boots;
(2) The suede material is easy to stick to dust. Before wearing, lightly spray a layer of anti-slip agent on the upper, and then gently brush it with a brush after it is dry. The future maintenance is relatively simple.
2. Maintenance during wearing
The military boots worn should be cleaned in time, otherwise the dust and dirt will accumulate on the upper, which will shorten the service life of the military boots, and it will take twice as long to organize them when they are worn.
(1) Military boots made of general cowhide and sheepskin
①Clean the upper: first wipe off the dust on the surface of the shoe with a shoe cloth. If there is a large piece of dirt or mud, use a brush first, and then wipe the upper with a cloth moistened with a little water.
②Shoe polish: After the cleaned shoe surface dries naturally, use a soft cloth or a small brush to moisten a small amount of shoe polish and rub it evenly on the shoe surface (do not use too much force to roughly damage the shoe surface).
③Brightness: After applying shoe polish, after a few minutes, the shoe polish gradually penetrates into the leather, use old stockings or rags to gently rub the shoe surface back and forth to keep the shoe surface smooth and clean.
(2) Military boots made of shiny, mirror, PU and PVC materials
①Wipe it with a soft cloth slightly moisturized;
②No need to use shoe cream or shoe polish.
(3) Cashmere, ox velvet, cow bucks and other military boots that are prone to dust
①For suede shoes, use a fine brush to brush in the direction of the hair first and then in the opposite direction. You can also use a soft eraser to gently wipe to remove dust or dirt;
②Dust or dirt that is too dirty can be removed with a frosted rubber, but the strength should be appropriate and not too hard, otherwise it will damage the leather. The gray frosted rubber has better effect than white. In order to keep the shoes beautiful, regular water spraying and Brushing is very important;
③For the fading of military boots, you can use colored cashmere spray, spray evenly at a distance of 20 cm from the military boots to maintain the elasticity and water permeability of the leather.
④Crocodile skin, snake skin, pearlescent series materials only need to be wiped lightly with a cloth with a little moisture.
3. Maintenance for long-term shelving without wearing
Before storing military boots, wipe the shoes clean with detergent and shoe polish, and wait for them to dry before storing. Shoes should be placed in a cool and ventilated place when not wearing them to avoid excessively high ambient temperature, which may cause discoloration or cracking of the leather surface.
(1) Use shoe supports (or shoe fixers) to fix inside military boots.
(2) It is best to put a desiccant in the shoe box, and then store it in a place with less humidity.
(3) When military boots are stored for a long time, they should be taken out occasionally for ventilation to avoid mildew