(1) Safety shoes. Safety shoes are also called toe protection and anti-smashing shoes, mainly to prevent objects from smashing the feet and toes. Such as rolling drums when carrying heavy objects or loading and unloading materials, heavy pipes hitting the feet or accidentally kicking sharp metal plates, etc. The front toe cap of the shoe is lined with a metal material with good impact resistance, high strength and light weight. Its strength and impact resistance must be tested and reach the specified standards before it can be used. Note that safety shoes of different strengths should be selected according to the severity of the work.
(2) Insulated shoes. The function of insulated shoes is to minimize the risk of electric shock. Because the current flows into the ground through the human body through the contact point when an electric shock occurs, you should not only wear insulated gloves but also insulated shoes during electrical operations. According to the withstand voltage range, there are several kinds of insulated shoes of 20kV, 6kV and 5kV, which must be selected according to the operating range. Insulated shoes should be checked and maintained frequently. If they are damp or severely worn, they will not be able to protect them.
(3) Anti-static and conductive shoes. Anti-static shoes are suitable for preventing accidents caused by static electricity on the human body, and to avoid accidental electric shocks to the human body caused by 220V power frequency capacitor equipment. Conductive shoes are used in places where fire or explosion may occur that are more sensitive to human static electricity. Some of these shoes are safety shoes and rubber shoes equipped with anti-static or conductive soles, and the whole shoes are not made of metal to reduce the possibility of friction and fire. The shoes must be tested for resistance from the beginning of use. Afterwards, regular tests are required to ensure that the maximum resistance value of the shoe does not exceed the allowable value.
(4) Steel shoes and shoe covers. This type of shoes is also called caster shoes, which mainly prevent the feet from burning and puncturing. This kind of shoe must be resistant to pressure and not easy to burn. The upper has an oil-impregnated cowhide surface and a canvas inlaid leather surface, and the sole is made of cow leather with a tire bottom. In order to prevent scalds caused by molten metal splashing, a high-waisted and easy-to-detach style is adopted. The shoe cover can also be used to cover the shoe mouth and trouser legs. The shoe cover is mostly made of canvas, asbestos, and aluminum film.
(5) Rubber boots. According to its purpose, there are anti-acid and alkali boots, waterproof boots, oil-proof shoes and so on. Acid and alkali-proof boots are suitable for places where there are acid and alkali and other corrosive liquids on the work floor. They are made of acid and alkali-resistant rubber. There are also acid and alkali-proof trousers with trousers and boots connected together. Waterproof boots are used for water or splashing on the ground. The basic material for the operation is rubber, such as waterproof boots for miners, special boots for aquatic products, and rice-planting boots. Oil-proof shoes are used for operations where there is oil on the ground. They are made of rubber or polyethylene plastics. There are many kinds of boots, shoes, etc.
(6) Cold-proof shoes. It is suitable for wearing in severe cold and low temperature environment. There are cotton shoes, fur boots and felt boots, etc., with good thermal insulation performance.
In addition to the above-mentioned protective shoes, there are also protective shoes suitable for heat insulation of the soles of road construction workers, suitable for reinforcement of the soles of construction workers, and moisture-proof protective shoes of the soles of food and brewers.